Wednesday, July 17, 2019

My Favorite Baby Bloomer Pattern


modest clothes for baby girls

I love to sew and sewing little baby things is so much fun. Even though I love to sew, it's hard to find the time which is why sewing with easy, no-fail patterns is best for me. There's nothing more aggravating than taking the time to buy fabric, cut out a pattern, sew it up and it not fit like the pattern said it would! Sadly, that has happened to me more times than I can count. Which is why I love The King's Daughters pattern. I've sewed countless of garments from them and they turn out ever.single.time.!

modest baby girl clothes

If I had my druthers my girls and I would be wearing dresses full time. But, life isn't always so 'black and white'. But, my youngest daughter and I do wear skirts and dresses the majority of the time. With my baby girl wearing dresses more than she doesn't, I prefer her to wear something under them like bloomers. Now, I'm not opposed to her wearing little knit shorts or leggings, but bloomers seem to be more accommodating for fluffy bottoms.

Lydia does not wear cloth diapers 24/7, but she does wear them often. And let's be real, cloth diapers are just a tad bit bulkier than disposable diapers and can make normal sized clothing difficult for little ones to wear. With The King's Daughters Bloomer patterns I never have a problem with them fitting over her cloth diapered bottom.

modest baby girl clothes

My problem with most bloomer patterns is that they're cut like a bikini and not very flattering, much less do they remotely cover my little girl to the extent that I prefer her to be covered. It's all about comfortability and modesty when it comes to sewing for my baby girl. So, if you're looking for a bloomer pattern for babies, I highly recommend the one that comes with The King's Daughter's Baby Dress Pack. They're super easy to sew, modest, and comfortable for baby.


Modest baby girl clothes

Look y'all girls can do anything in a dress, even ride a horse 😍

Yes, the clothes I think that most represent biblical femininity are typically considered old fashion to the modern eye. But, in these clothes a lady never has to worry about being modest or drawing attention to herself ~ Even little ones can play and have fun while in a modest dress. And further more, I don't know about y'all but shopping for modest girl's and ladies clothing is a nightmare these days! If you happen to find affordable modest clothing, they fall apart after only a few washes. So while sewing may take a little time and planning, it seems to me to be a much better option for most of us who don't have an endless bank account and desire to honor God with what we wear.  

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array. 1 Timothy 2:9 (KJV)

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment