Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Pizza Muffins


In my last post I shared how I feed our large crew on vacations. I also shared our vacay menu for our recent vacation to the Smoky Mountains, and one of the recipes on our menu was Pizza Muffins. So, I thought I'd share my recipe, since it isn't a common recipe, but it is a family favorite. 


They are super easy to make, taste great, and freeze & reheat well; what more is there not to love about a recipe? And you could easily make them as healthy as you wanted simply by the choice of ingredients you use.


Pizza Muffins

Ingredients

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup oil
1 cup ground sausage
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions

Combine all ingredients, mix well. Scoop into a greased muffin tin. Bake 15-20 minutes @ 400*.

I wasn't specific about the oil or flour because I've made it with olive oil and whole wheat flour as well as all-purpose flour and vegetable oil, and both ways have turned out perfect. It's all about what your preferences are or more likely, for me, what ingredients I have on hand, lol.

It's no secret I love muffins. Seriously I think everything is better when it's made in a muffin tin. Well except maybe the cleanup on occasion can be a downside. Sheesh, have I had some messy muffin tin mishaps 🙈. All that aside, muffin meals are my jam, lol. Muffin recipes are typically easy to make and good for freezing. But, my most favorite part about making muffins is that they are perfect for portion control and feeding little ones! I have more muffin recipes than I care to admit, but there's no shame in my game, because hey I'm feeding my people good food on a budget. 😜

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Definitely got to try these! Stumbled on your blog the other day, nice catching up with you!!! Congratulations on Baby💜!!! Would love to see lots of pregnancy posts... nutrition, exercise, etc... I'm 25 weeks pregnant with 11 (17th pregnancy) and have baby on my brain 😃. After reading your camping posts it made me want to go camping...when the snow melts🤣. Okay, stuffing lots in one comment😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh glad you left a comment and congratulations on your baby! I'll have to try to add some more posts about those topics thanks for the suggestions! And funny thing is I'm already anxious to plan a spring camping trip, lol.

      Delete
  2. Those look delicious! Usually, we made pizza from scratch, but I'll have to try those pizza muffuns.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my family LOVES homemade pizza too, but those don't travel very well, lol. These muffins are a nice second to old fashion homemade pizza, lol.

      Delete