Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Mama's Skin Care

 Today I'm going to share my face skin care regiment. I'm a firm believer that women should take care of their skin, especially their face. Well men should too, but good luck with that, lol. My choice of skin care products is ever changing, and what I'm sharing today just so happens to be the products I am currently using. I love experimenting with other brands and products in my pursuit to keep my skin healthy. 

I kick off my day with a good face wash with Raw African Black Soap. I know weird right, trust me it's the best, I love it! This soap can be drying so use it with a good moisturizer. To help make it last longer I cut it into chunks and put the smaller chunks in a soap saver and then keep the remaining soap in a plastic baggy. 


After I wash my face in the morning I use this eye gel to help with under eye puffiness and discoloring. I also use it at night before I put on my moisturizer.

I use the Awake Human Facial Moisturizer in the mornings. It's extremely light and works wonderful under makeup.


 Before bed I start taking my makeup off with Clinque's 'Take the Day Off Makeup Remover'. I've only purchased this a couple times. It really works well, but is kind of pricey. More often than not, I simply use olive oil to take my eye makeup off. But, I will say that this stuff is AMAZING at removing false eyelashes!

These two products are an extremely pricey splurge, but so worth it if you ask me! I start with the exfoliating face wash and then use the Purity Made Simple face wash to make sure my face is squeaky clean.

I use this Rose Water as a toner after I wash my face. I've never been a big fan of the rose scent, but this product smells so light and refreshing, I just love using each night.

Next I apply my vitamin C serum. The tree of life brand is the best, and if you purchase from them they will send you an offer for a free bottle in return for leaving a review.


I finish off my nightly skin care with this vitamin C moisturizer. It's a bit thicker and leaves my face a tad bit tacky, which is why I use it in the evenings and not during the day. But, I like the extra moisturizing at night, so it works for my preferences. 

Every Sunday I do a face mask. It's a great opportunity for a facial detox and deep cleaning. This is the current mask I am using.

Just like I shared yesterday with vitamins and supplements, skin care is personal and unique to each individual. These are the products I'm currently using, but they will most likely change and evolve as my needs change or I when want to try new products. I do not think age has any relevance as to when to start a skincare regiment, I started my daughter (and sons, but they're not as diligent as my daughter) when she was 13. The sooner a woman starts taking care of her skin the better!

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment