Monday, March 9, 2020

Current Vitamin Regiment


Today I'm going to share a quick post sharing all about the supplements I am currently taking. I'm not sharing for folks to inform me of what I should be taking, as I know that there are always better supplements out there, or ones that work better together. I'm continuously tweaking my vitamin regiment; trying new brands and adding or subtracting from my arsenal. For now these are the ones that are working best for me.
I'm going to begin with the vitamins I take in the morning. As most probably know, not all vitamins are suitable to take with other vitamins. Meaning mostly that the body cannot absorb certain vitamins when they are mixed with other vitamins. I am still trying to settle on a folate vitamin brand that I like and that fits my budget. Solgar is the current brand I am using. I am extremely diligent to take a folate supplement while I am still in my child bearing years as it is essential for babies in utero.
I do not always take iron, but since I did just have a baby two months ago I am taking it for now in the mornings.
Before I go to bed each night I take the next set of vitamins. Vitamin D3 is crucial for folks because most people don't get enough exposure to sunlight. This supplement helps tremendously with keeping the mind and body 'straight' during those long winters when the sun rarely shows it's beautiful face.
Vitamin D3 really needs to be taken with calcium and magnesium to help the body properly absorb it. Some folks even suggest taking D3 with vitamin K as well, but due to other health issues I have I cannot take the vitamin K.
At this season of life where I'm pushing the ripe old age of 40, I'm taking collagen to help with my joints, skin, hair, and nails.
If I could only choose two supplements it would be fish oil and my prenatal. I absolutely love this brand and what it does for my health. I take very high dosages of my fish oil and absolutely positively reap the benefits. I 100% believe every one should be taking a fish oil supplement, especially if they are in their child-bearing years.
 Rainbow Light is my favorite multi-vitamin whether I'm pregnant or not. I truly believe it is the best on the market and covers all the nutritional bases mothers have, plus it includes a probiotic. This vitamin is filled with whole foods and void of any of the bad stuff riddled in so many multivitamins!
Last but not least I take a B12 supplement. B12 deficiency can lead to excessive fatigue and brain fog. B12 is typically consumed through eating meat, but can be depleted easily through child birth and the demands of motherhood. I don't always take this supplement, because some seasons of life I consume more meat than others.

Taking vitamins is a personal journey and unique to each individual. I have a couple other vitamins that I add into the mix here and there depending on my own body's needs. I'm a firm belier that everyone should be on a continuous path to being better in tune with their body as they pursue optimum health. At the very least, everyone should be taking a multivitamin. But, don't just take whatever brand is readily available ~ research and find the healthiest, most affordable one that matches your health concerns.

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment