Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020


We pretty much celebrated Valentine's Day all week, but we couldn't close out the holiday without making the most of the actual day. My Valentine's Day started super early so that I could get everything done I wanted to do. As I've mentioned in my last two posts, making the most out of each day is of utmost important to me, especially holidays. Thankfully, I had already planned the day and it was only a matter of executing the plan.


My husband and I did a combined effort in buying 'snackie' treats to put in the children's goodie bags. My parents sent the cute little red bags on the children's plates filled with candy, and then my oldest daughter also did small goodie bags for her siblings.


For breakfast we made pink sprinkle pancakes (even though you can't tell they're pink) and pink fruit smoothies.


For lunch we made heart pizzas that all the children helped to make.


It wasn't as easy as it looks to roll out the hearts but we managed and they actually turned out pretty tasty. I only made one for each of my children and then I made another regular round pizza to help make sure everyone would get full, lol.


For dinner I made lasagna and homemade cheesy bread ~ a family favorite, one that I only make a few times a year; Valentine's Day being one of those special occasions.


I took these super cute pictures of my youngest two girls.


After dinner and family bible study we opened our goodie bags. It was so sweet to watch my babies open their Valentine's Day gifts. 

My husband and I haven't always celebrated Valentine's Day, but the past few years we've changed that just a tad, now it's almost a competition who can out do the other, lol. Of course we don't really go overboard, but usually an item each of us have really been wanting and a few other trinkets (usually our favorite snack foods). This year I feel like my husband went above and beyond to make me feel appreciated and loved, and for that I'm grateful.

There was a time in my life where I really disliked Valentine's Day, but the Lord has gradually changed my heart and showed me it's just another 'Hallmark' holiday where I can choose to show my family love ~ the precious gift of love that the good Lord has given me and enabled me to use at my will. Yes, I should show my family love every day of the year; but why not use a designated day to go a little above and beyond? I didn't spend a whole lot of money, and it didn't take a whole lot of effort to make three special meals as well as a little goodie bag for each one of my family members. It truly is and was a blessing to me, to do what I did for my family; after all it really IS better to give than to receive and when you do it in the name of love, it's just extra special for everyone involved.

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment