Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies


Today I've got a special recipe for y'all. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes and a go-to for healthy travel food. These cookies are filled with all kinds of yummy nutritious ingredients. 


I call these breakfast cookies, but I can eat them at all hours of the day, lol. 


These cookies call for cranberries, and since most dried fruits have added sugar, I actually special order 'juice' sweetened cranberries just for when I make this cookies. 


These cookies are also a great recipe to have children help make. Mine especially enjoy scooping the batter onto the cookie sheet.

Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients
2/3 cup sweet potato puree
1/4 cup milk ( can be almond milk)
1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 cups old fashion oats
3/4 cups chopped pecans (opt.)
1 cup dried cranberries (opt.)

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Scoop onto cookie sheet, smash slightly. Bake 15 minutes @ 350*.

I typically make these using a 1/4 cup cookie scooper, but you can make them any size you prefer. I also double or triple the recipe, because they freeze so well. Whenever we've got a day trip planned I can easily lay these out the night before, warm them up in the oven or microwave, and bring them along to eat in the van (i.e. creating minimal mess). Since they are filled with all sorts of delicious healthy ingredients they are extremely fulfilling and addicting, lol.

This will always be one of my most treasured recipes. They were a favorite of one of our church elders at our last church we attended. He has since gone on to be with Lord ~ but I'll never forget how he used to request  I make and bring them to our weekly potluck fellowship meetings. Since they were so easy to make and healthy I was always happy to oblige. Nothing like a good recipe to unite friends and family.

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment