Friday, May 22, 2020

Huevos Rancheros Casserole


I'm sharing today one of my quick go-to recipes when I'm in a pinch and need to put something on the table super fast. While I mostly make this for dinner it could definitely be eaten for breakfast. I made this recipe for the first time a couple years ago, not thinking my family would really like it, lol. But to my surprise everyone really enjoyed it and never complain when I make it. Which is why Huevos Rancheros Casserole is on our regular meal rotation. 

While this recipe is not an authentic Mexican recipes (probably not even remotely close) it does have a Mexican flare, and my people will pretty much eat anything that resembles Mexican food. With as many mouths as we're feeding trying to find food that my entire family enjoys can sometimes be difficult. So when I can find a recipe that is well received, I am one happy mama.

As ya'll know we raise laying hens and we pretty much always have an abundance of eggs. Making sure we use what we have available from our little homestead is of upmost importance to me. Since this recipe requires ten eggs, it definitely allows me to use food we're producing. For our crew I typically double the recipe leaving us with enough leftovers for lunch the next day. And yes, this recipe is one of those amazing meals which tastes just as good leftover if not better.

Huevos Rancheros Casserole

Ingredients 

6 corn tortillas
1 cup refried black beans (can use regular refried beans)
1 cup salsa
10 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

Directions

Line 13x9 baking dish tortillas, evenly spread beans over tortillas, top with salsa. Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. pour over tortillas and beans, sprinkle with cheese. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 40 minutes @ 400*. Remove foil and cook 5-10 more minutes until set and edges are lightly browned. 

We pair this awesome casserole with homemade biscuit muffins. While it does take a little bit longer to cook, this recipe is super easy and quick to make and tastes great ~ doesn't get much better than that. Just this past week I had a 'mama brain moment' and completely forgot about dinner until about an hour before it was supposed to be put on the table. Since I always have these ingredients on hand, this is exactly what I chose to make. Cooking homemade meals doesn't have to be complicated, recipes like Huevos Rancheros Casserole makes cooking from scratch taste good and easy!

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment