Monday, March 2, 2020

Biscuit Muffins


Okay y'all this has become one of my most favorite quick-bread recipes I have ever come up with! I have seriously been trying to tweak this recipe for several years now, and I think I've finally got it right. Yeah!!

Now, y'all know those days when you're making a meal, whether it's breakfast or dinner, and you want to make biscuits but you're short on time ~ this is the recipe for YOU! These biscuit muffins are super quick and easy to make, yet they have the same taste and texture of traditional biscuits. Seriously, you can slice them and slather them with butter or jelly and they are absolutely delicious. As much as I love traditional biscuits, in this busy season of life, these are now my go-to recipe for biscuits.


Biscuit Muffins

Ingredients
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients. Scoop into greased muffin pan. Bale 15-20 minutes at 400*. Makes 1 dozen muffins.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure you could make these even healthier using whole wheat flour and olive oil. Baking regular biscuits can make quite the mess, but these create little to no mess. They are so easy to whip up, even the children can make them.

With a large family and a super busy schedule, easy and affordable recipes are my go-to. I don't have time to spend hours making meals or cleaning up after them. Yes, I try to feed my family decent meals, but I'm intentional to make them as quick, affordable, and as easy as possible. Recipes like these help make that possible. I hope y'all enjoy this biscuit muffin recipe as much as we do.

With Love & Hope
Jennifer

1 comment: