Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Sunshine & Smiles Gift Basket


I love, love, love gift baskets. I love getting them and receiving them. It doesn't matter if they're simple little bitty gift bags or elaborately filled baskets, they're just awesome in my book. I think the reason I love them so much is because they take thought and a little bit of effort to put them together. They really are a gift from the heart.

This month I needed to purchase a female birthday gift. At first thought I was going to do a gift card, then I thought I'd just find a unique gift on Amazon, but finally I settled on creating a simple gift basket. Well, actually it is a gift box since I have to ship it across the country.

I did some perusing on Pinterest and found the cute idea of making a 'Sunshine & Smiles' gift basket. Now obviously this particular themed gift basket can include any yellow items you desire. But, since I love seeing what others put inside gift baskets I thought I'd share how I put together my Sunshine & Smiles gift basket. 

My goal was to spend under $20.
(I know that puts some limitations on creativity, but I made it happen, lol). I shopped at Walmart, Target, TJ Maxx, and The Dollar Store for the items I put inside this particular gift basket.


The great thing about gift baskets is they can be as simple or as extravagant as you want. My Sunshine & Smiles birthday gift basket was fairly simple. I included: A Zak stainless steel tumbler I found on clearance at Target, pouch of mini vanilla Oreos, box of M & M's, box of Lemonhead candies, a yellow bath poof, a bottle of sparkling lemonade, a mini clip on flash light, chewing gum, hand sanitizer, lemon themed notepad and pen, wet ones, Carmex chapstick, single use facial, small lotion, and some faux yellow flowers.


I also included a printed note and a card. 

I am quite pleased with how well this gift basket (box) turned out. While it isn't filled with anything fancy, I think the receiver will be happy with her birthday gift. 😊 I can't wait to get it in the mail! I think I get more excited about creating and giving than I do about receiving any gifts for myself! It truly is better to give than to receive. 

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment