Monday, June 1, 2020

DIY Art Display



Here is a super easy art display to showcase your kiddos beautiful crafts. We make a good many arts and crafts projects in our family and I wanted a designated place to display them. With our size of family they can take up a lot of space. With our awesome new art display, we can now enjoy them for quite a while or at least until we make new ones ~ plus the kiddos love seeing their work on the wall for everyone to see.


To make this project all you need is some 36 inch wooden dowels which we spray painted black, curtain clip rings, and cup hook screws. Of course I had to in my cute sign that my 13 year old son and I made a few weeks back.


First we hung up our sign where we wanted it, then we took the cup holder screws and screwed them into the wall. We placed them close enough to leave about two inches of extra hang off for the dowels on either side. We didn't make this an exact science type of DIY, although we probably should have, lol Before resting the dowels on the cup holder screws I slid five clip ring onto each dowel. 
  

We hung up one dowel under my sign in the center of our hallway above our coatrack and then two more at the end of our hallway. Since we have so many people who make crafts, I wanted to make sure there was enough space to hang a project for each person, should everyone participate on any one craft. 


Once we had the dowels secure and the clips in place I went to find some of our most recent projects to hang up on our new art display. I must admit I really love the way it turned out. I wish I had made it happen sooner than later, but now it's up and I have a feeling we'll enjoy it for many years to come. 

I have seen a similar art display online and the person used heavy duty Command Hooks to hold the dowels. We happen to have textured walls and the Command Hooks do not adhere to our walls, unfortunately. Honestly I think the cup holder screws are going to work just as well if not better to hold our dowels. I would hate to have created such a lovely space for it only to falling down. 

I know we live in a day and age where folks either swing from minimalism with nothing on their walls all the way to the other spectrum with perfectly prim and proper Pinterest wall decor ~ neither one of those is me. I'd rather have pictures my babies made all over my walls than stark nakedness or fancy wall hangings that I'd just have to dust, get board with it, or worry that one of my children might actually break it. At the end of the day we should all decorate with what makes us the most happy and for me that just so happens to be homemade crafts made by my most treasured people.

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment