Monday, November 18, 2019

Fall Sewing


Here's a quick little crafting post sharing some things I've been working on in my 'free time' (hahahahaha). Fall sewing is so much easier said than done with our busy schedule, but thankfully I got a few things finished up that were on my sewing list. 


 Earlier this Fall I made some holiday vinyl shirts and I wanted to make some matching boutique ruffle pants for my little girls.


I was kind of stressed about finding a pattern, (which I never found) so I tried my best to create one from a pantaloon pattern that I already had. 


Just like creating recipes, it's hit or miss if creating your own pattern is going to work. Because I was so anxious about my 'new pattern', I literally waited until the very last possible minute to make Lydias Christmas ruffle pants, which I wanted her to wear to the Christmas Village. Thankfully, they turned out ok and I was able to get her Thanksgiving pants done a few weeks ahead of time!


I really liked how Lydia's ruffle pants turned out, but Abigail's looked more like culottes, lol. 


Oh well, sometimes that's just how it happens, and we're going to roll with it this time (perfection is overrated, lol. I'm sure they'll still be precious on her. 

I have one more major sewing project I was hoping to complete before Christmas, but I've decided to put it off until next year. I made most of our children their own monogrammed Christmas stockings several years ago and I was hoping to sew everyone else's this year. Unfortunately, there's only so many hours in a day and working around the clock at 9 months pregnant just isn't happening. I've already bought the fabric and I'm going to work on them in the coming year. 

How about y'all, anyone working on special sewing projects for the holiday?

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment