Thursday, September 12, 2019

One More to Adore


I'm super excited to announce we are expecting another little blessing. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant with another baby girl! I can hardly believe the Lord blessed us with two baby girls in a row, but Hid did! After five consecutive boys we weren't sure if we even had a chance at having another daughter; but God was merciful and saw fit to give us Lydia and another daughter within two years. 


Thankfully, I haven't had any difficulties this pregnancy, but it certainly hasn't been easy. I don't consider myself old, and I am in the best health I have ever been in, but pregnancy at 38 is not nearly as easy as it was ten years ago, lol. My only real complaint other than horrible all day 'morning sickness' in the first trimester, is exhaustion. The kind of fatigue that no amount of sleep can cure. {{sigh}} Of course wrangling nine other children and the demands of homeschool and life in general could also be contributing to me being so tired 😂.

I didn't have my first O.B. appointment until 17 weeks due to my doctor being overly booked. But, the perks of such a late-in-pregnancy first appointment was, we were able to find out the sex of the baby at that appointment. Having seen many ultrasounds over the years, I was able to instantly see we were having another girl, and I could hardly contain myself! I didn't say anything until the ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know the gender of the baby. We told her that we did, and her response was that she'd try but couldn't guarantee anything ~ little did she know, both my husband and I had already seen her little girly parts. Within just a few minutes she confirmed we were indeed having a baby girl ~ yeah bring on all the pink, glitter, and big bows!!


Picking names for our children has never been an easy task. We committed early on that we'd prefer to have biblical names for our childrens' first names and then a name that flowed well with the first and last name for our middle name choice. Sheesh it's always been an ordeal, and it was no different this time. 

My husband and I both liked Abigail, even if it is kind of trendy, for the first name, but we couldn't come up with a middle name. Then one day my husband told me his grandmother's middle name and it just seemed to fit. To make it even more special, Abigail is due on my husband's grandmother's 93rd birthday! Isn't that amazing?!

We've never shortened our children's names or called them nicknames, but for our tenth little one I guess you could say we're doing 'things' a little different. This little bundle of joy is going to have her very own sweet nickname. We've decided to call her "Abby Lou". 😍 Even though I've never been a fan of shortening names, it just seems like this was meant to be her name. 

I never thought in a million years I would be blessed with the gift of carrying ten children under my heart (actually 15, if you count the five little blessings the Lord took early to be with Him). But the Lord had a perfect plan, which has been so much better than my own. I'm beyond grateful for every one of my children, and give God all the glory for blessing us with these beautiful treasures to raise unto Him. I always say I'm living the life I never knew I always wanted!

Every one in our household is anxiously counting down the days until we get to meet and hold little Abby Lou in our arms. She is truly one loved little lady!

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
 
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.

Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127:3-5 (NKJV)


With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you and your family!!!!! I so wish you were back on Instagram so we could watch your journey along!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete