Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Vinyl on Everything

How about a short and sweet crafting post? While I don't consider myself a crafty person, I do like to DIY to save money. A few years ago I was gifted with a Silhouette cutting machine. It can cut a variety of different materials, but my favorite medium to cut is vinyl.

I love the boutique style clothing, unfortunately  I'm way too cheap to pay for it. With owning a  Silhouette I have the privilege of making some of my own, which ultimately cuts down on the costs.

I especially love the holiday shirts! Since our schedule is so full in the coming weeks, I decided to go ahead and create all my shirts for the impending holidays, plus a few more for my oldest daughter and me.


Our family attends several fall events where I like for the little ones to wear coordinating shirts. Yes, I'm a sucker for matching the littles. Last year I pushed the limits with my 6 year old and making him a matching shirt (who is now 7 yrs old). This year he was officially taken of the matching shirt list {{sigh}} I may have just shed a tear ~ they grow up so fast!


I wasn't going to make Thanksgiving shirts, but when I saw this design I just had to make them! 


My oldest daughter is not really a fan of the whole matching shirt thing even though she will do it. But, I saw so many cute girly Alabama football shirt designs that I just had to make her some! What girl doesn't love glitter fan wear?!


Even though we're headed into fall and cooler temps, she rarely wears long sleeves so all the shirts I made her were short sleeved. 


The next three shirts I made for myself. I hardly ever make shirts for myself, but I've had my eye on these cute designs, and I thought why not??


No truer words, lol!


For the past few years my girls and I have attended the Christmas Village in Birmingham.  This is a HUGE craft show and trust me matching shirts are a MUST!


There's no better holiday than Christmas for matching sibling shirts! 


And by Christmas little miss Abigail will be here to enjoy the festivities, even if she will be a teeny tiny peanut. 

Ok, I know it may seem over the top to some; and even a waste of time and money, but I love making these shirts and I'm grateful for the opportunity to make them. Now, I can't wait for all the family fun events to come around, so we can wear our awesome new shirts, lol!!

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment