Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Game Day at Tuscaloosa: Roll Tide


I haven't been to a college football game in 19 years until just recently, and now I've had the privilege of attending two! As y'all know a few weeks ago my husband and I took our two Auburn fans to a live football game, and then this past weekend my oldest son invited me to go with him to an Alabama football game. 


My oldest son was given tickets by one of his bosses and after he asked a buddy who couldn't go, apparently I was next in line for him to invite. Can I just say I was floored that he would even think of me to take to a college football game, but still encouraged him to find someone else other than his dear old mom. But, he insisted he really wanted to go with me. And y'all when your 18 year old seriously invites you to go somewhere, you graciously clear your schedule and go!


I find marching bands fascinating with the formations they can make!

It was an eleven o'clock game so we had to leave super early to give enough time to get there before kick-off. Thankfully, my 16 year old son held down the 'fort' until my husband could get home from work. It was a fairly easy drive, even if it did take two hours. Once we got there it was a breeze to park and find our way into the stadium. Our seats were fairly high, but I was thrilled to discover they were at least on the end, making it fairly quick to get in and out and down to the bathroom (y'all remember, I am 28 weeks pregnant and this girl needs lots of bathroom breaks, lol!). 


The day was beautiful and the game was great. As in true Bama fashion by half time they were winning with a nice good lead. Due to the extreme heat and the fact that I forgot sunscreen {{ugh}} and we were both burnt to a crisp by this point, we decided to leave in the 4th quarter. We took our time getting back to the truck, stopping to take pictures and enjoy the scenery. It really was a fun time and I will treasure the memory always. I'm truly honored my son would invite me to a college football game when he could have invited anyone!


No trip to Tuscaloosa is complete without a picture with the famous Bear Bryant! The line to take a picture with the Nick Saban's statue was quite long so we skipped that photo op. 

While I'm not a huge fan of college football for a host of reasons, I must say it is a blast to watch a game live! The atmosphere is so much fun. I've also learned more about the game of football during my two visits to live games than I have in the past 19 years. I'm sorry y'all, but watching football on television is just plain annoying to me. But, up close and personal, it's down right fascinating!!

I'm still not swayed to one team or another, which is border-line sacrilege in the grand state of Alabama. You cannot physically be an Alabama fan and an Auburn fan, it just isn't kosher! To be honest both teams have their enticements, but neither one really wins me over, lol. If one of my family members is so inclined to invite me to a live college football game, I don't personal care who's playing. I would be delighted to attend and cheer for the team of their choosing. I guess that's not exactly the definition of a true fan, but I'm not sure I could ever be one really. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to BOTH football games and would gladly attend either one again!

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment