Monday, November 25, 2019

A Christmas Vinyl Project


For as long as I can remember we've been a 'water only' family, especially when we go somewhere. Even if it's just to town, we all bring our own water bottle with us. Which means everyone has their own water bottles. When I got my Silhouette Cameo, and was able to cut vinyl, I started monogramming our children's water bottles just to help streamline the whole whose is whose.


Our children's current water bottles are in dire need of replacing. They are stainless steel with stainless steel screw-on lids. For some reason after only about two years of use the lids have started seizing onto the water bottles, making them a pain to use, especially for the little ones. So this year I came across all these water bottles on deep clearance at Target ~ my favorite kind of finds when I'm shopping for our large crew.


Unfortunately, Target did not have enough of the stainless steel water bottles for all my littles so Lydia is getting this one and I had to order one off of Amazon for my oldest (which has not been monogrammed yet).

All of the water bottles will go into the children's stockings for Christmas. I did buy Abigail (our new little one who will be here by Christmas) some baby bottles for her stocking, but I decided not to monogram them ~ just in case we have any more daughters who may need to use those bottles. 😬

I'm afraid this was my last vinyl project with my current Silhouette Cameo and computer combo. I've been in dire need of replacing my whole system for the past year, but I just haven't wanted to spend the extra money on it, especially since it's not a necessity. I just really enjoy making the cute vinyl crafts, and now if I'm going to continue with these projects I will have to upgrade. Thankfully, I was able to get this project done and I have a couple of months to decide if I really want to continue with the vinyl crafting.

With our large crew I really like having the monogrammed items which helps to keep 'whose is it squabbles' to a minimum. I've tried color matching to each child for things like cups and towels, but it has yet to work for our family ~ insert eye roll!

I'm hoping since the lids to these stainless steel water bottles are plastic that they will hold up better and longer than the ones we currently have. But, I am nervous that the plastic is going to crack and break with my rough and tough crew, especially with how much we use them. Time will only tell, I suppose.

Over the years I've always tried to make the children at least one homemade gift for Christmas. One year almost our entire Christmas was homemade (that was a special year, but a lot of work!). This year the extent of our homemade gifts are only these water bottles monogrammed and I hardly consider them homemade ~ sigh. But, my children do enjoy receiving gifts with their names on them. Maybe next year, I can get back to my homemade gifts; there really is something extra special about giving and receiving homemade gifts ~ at least there is to me.

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment