Saturday, April 25, 2020

Easter Trifle


Okay y'all, I know I'm all about posting on Easter this week, which has already come and gone, but this recipe is an amazing sweet treat that can be made any time of the year ~ I just happen to make it for our Easter feast. Honestly, I have been making it for YEARS and trying to prefect the it for years. Finally, this year I have narrowed down the recipe to be exactly what I had in mind on taste, texture, and ingredients.

As y'all well know recipes are a dime a dozen and there's probably 100's of recipes for any given dish you desire to create. But, everyone has their own taste preferences and that is where recipes differ. For me, it's first and foremost about ease of making, next comes affordability, and then of course how it tastes. Well, this little trifle meets all those standards and then some.

I like to schedule a set menu for each holiday. Why? Mostly because it just makes life easier. It's super easy to plan in advance, I don't have to stress about what I'm going to make each holiday, and everyone in the family knows what to expect. Which in my experience minimizes meltdowns. And Lordy be who doesn't want to minimize meltdowns. When life works in order it just makes life more enjoyable for everyone.

Back to this amazing Easter Trifle recipe. I saw an Easter Trifle many moons ago, and I just knew it would be the perfect dessert recipe for our Easter menu. Hence my desire to fine tune the recipe into what would best fit our family's dessert preferences.


Easter Trifle

Ingredients

One chocolate cake cooked according to directions and cut into 1 inch cubes
Two 3.4oz boxes of vanilla pudding
1 package of Oreo cookies crushed
one 8 oz tub of cool whip
2 cups of milk
pink and green food coloring, opt.
Large Robin Egg candies
Peep chick candies
Easter sprinkles

Directions

Layer half of the cubed cake pieces into bottom of trifle bowl. In a small mixing bowl pour in both pudding mixes add milk and mix for two minutes with a hand held mixer (can use stand mixer). Fold cool whip into pudding mixture. Divide pudding into two parts if coloring. Color half the pudding pink and the other half green. Pour one of the pudding mixture over the first layer of cake in the trifle bowl. Sprinkle with half of the crushed cookies. Now repeat layers. On top layer place egg candies and peep candies as well as the sprinkles. Chill in fridge.


I love this Easter trifle recipe for many reasons. One: it's easy to make, two: it tastes great, three: it's budget friendly, and four: it can feed an army. When one dessert that is quick and easy to make can feed a whole bunch of people I am one happy woman. I'm a firm believer in making life as easy as possible. It is very feasible to create affordable, easy to make, special holiday meals, it just takes a little time and effort to plan them out. By planning simple menus in advance for holidays, it allows me to be more focused on celebrating and enjoying time with my family than hiding in the kitchen, and that my friends is a win in my book.

With Love & Hope,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment